Saturday, February 12, 2011

Various and Sundry

Downton Abbey rocks. It has it all. I was lucky to discover that the UK version is longer and so I downloaded that from iTunes. It is seven episodes of about 50 minutes each instead of four two hour episodes that aired on PBS in the US. Cousin Violet, played by Maggie Smith is my favorite. She most definitely has all the best lines.







You can also check out a review over at MFMB. She beat me to the punch. I have been such a slacker this week. It is worth how much ever you have to spend to watch it. Just know that you will have to wait a whole year to catch Season Two. This is definitely one of those things that I kinda wish I'd found out about in say December 2011 instead of now and then I would only have to wait a month or so.

Tar Heels are better off. Apparently less is more. Hello! We still lost to Dook on Weds. If I was really nasty I would now post an unflattering picture of Coach K but instead I will just post my favorite picture of all time.






Danny Green's crotch in whatshisname's face. Ah memories. Ah new ones.
What do a porcupine and Cameron Indoor have in common?
With the porcupine all the pricks are on the outside. (thanks Lindsey)!
Okay, I'll stop.

It rained some more but we got a little sunshine here and there. I really should stop complaining because it is supposed to be perfect for days. A friend of a friend lives in South Dakota and this is what it looks like there.





Funny, you never hear about avalanches in South Dakota, but there is no way I am ever ending up in a traffic jam on a road like this. That would completely freak me out. I get claustrophobic just looking at this. My heart starts racing and I have to look away, but it is amazing too. Sure glad I don't live there though. That would not suit at all. How many feet of snow do you think that is?

I have a lot of work to do. It is Sadie's 10th birthday Wednesday. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday she was sucking on her fingers and toes.







And my god she was a freaking cute, sweet baby. I really could have had ten of this one particular child. She has been a breeze so far and she is such a dear but I don't want to jinx it or for my other children to think that just because I don't want ten of them that I love them any less.They would agree that one of them is just right. I think. I am not going to ask. They don't read this.




















They do grow up too fast though.

Two of my husband's siblings will be here next weekend for more celebrating. It is the first time anyone in his family has visited us here in the new abode, in the new town. Pressure. They will be reporting back to the other three. I know this. We are very excited though. Visitors! Family!






I bought this lamp at my favorite store in Hillsborough when we visited in December. I just thought it was so cute. I was going to put it in Sadie's room but then I kind of thought I might want it as MY bedside lamp. I have to find a lampshade, it all hinges on that. If you have any ideas, leave a comment or send me an email. I plan to do a whole post on Spruce (no website) one of these days but here are some choice things I took pictures of with my phone while I was there in December. The quality is terrible, I know.



















I am still looking for a small couch for my bedroom and a chair for my living room. So much to do, so little time.

And I am thinking about just going ahead and getting an iPhone. I have been waiting for a century for Verizon to get this thing but then I am all, well maybe I should wait until the second wave in case there are issues. I am clearly not one of those people that has to have the "it" thing that day or even that decade. I do not stand in lines or switch perfectly good cell phone providers for crap I can live without but I have been super patient. What do you think? Just do it? Or wait a little longer, it won't kill you and you might be right about kinks and such?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment