Saturday, July 23, 2011

Essential Beauty Items

I have been preparing, in the 11th hour per usual, for my annual trip to visit with one of my dearest friends and it got me thinking about the beauty essentials that I don't leave home without.

First up:

From http://www.anandaapothecary.com/

Milk and Honey™
For daily use, our most precious oils in a balanced blend for daily face care. Rejuvenative, cleansing and nourishing with a fantastic aroma.

In a base of Hazelnut and Rosehip Seed oil - recommended for daily use to reduce appearance of wrinkles, sun damage and scarring. Contains Helichrysum, Lavender, Sandalwood, Neroli, Carrot Seed, Rose Geranium, Roman Chamomile, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Palmarosa and Ylang Ylang #1. Rosehip seed itself has vitamin A compounds that act like natural 'Retin-A', without the side effects of excessive drying and photosensitivity.



This stuff is awesome. I get carded when I am with my 16 year old daughter or, if I am not drinking, they ask if we want one check or two. Makes her crazy but I am definitely not complaining.

Along with a little mineral foundation:



mascara (any kind), a little lip gloss (any kind) and sometimes a little eyeliner and shadow, I am good to go but not as particular about. If that changes, you'll be the next to know. The bare minerals are essential though. I love this makeup.

For cleaning I use Dr. Hauska cleansing creme. I have been using it for at least 10 years. Tried and true and essential. www.drhauska.com



For my hair, which is fine, curly (tending frizzy in this coastal climate 9 months out of the year) and colored religiously, this Morrocan Oil is hair manna from the gods. You can use it generously and you don't look like you've been attacked by a vat of whale blubber. My hair feels so silky and healthy. I never go anywhere without it. Ever. It would be a true bourgeois crisis if I left it behind. I would cry. It is excellent for all hair types or so days my hair dresser. It is that one hair product I have been waiting for all my life.



My slant tweezermans (www.tweezerman.com) - nothing else works on my Brooke Sheilds eyebrows. Also a life changing discovery back in the day.



And that is it. Those are the only 5 things that where I go, they go. Everything else is just gravy or easily bought at the corner drugstore.

Now to get over my anxiety about airport security confiscating them. I hate to check a bag for a weekend jaunt.

Have a good one!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment