Saturday, September 11, 2010

Decorating My Bedroom I

What is funny about ending up in Southport is that in the last couple of years, thanks to our neighbors in Hillsborough (the lovely Baker women - Jeannie and Barbara), I'd started to explore Wilmington and ended up buying a bedspread at Arlie Moon in Lumina Station. Never mind that my husband scowled at me when he found out how much it cost. I agreed to forego my twice monthly massage with the fabulous Edie Klecka for two months to make up for it! But because I do love it and it cost me four massages, I thought it had to factor largely into my overall plan for the room but it did not work out. I think you will agree (I'll post FAIL pictures later). Hopefully I'll be able to use it somewhere else! Also, in an odd turn of events I started following (loosely) the blog Blue Hydrangea quite some time before we even knew we were moving here, not realizing at first that the owner is in Wilmington. Turns out we are somewhat connected (loosely) in another way as well, but that is for another day. From time to time over the last year or so she has been an inspiration or led me to things that I fell in love with on my own. One such thing was the Safi Suzani fabric by Kathryn Ireland and when I discovered it came in "chocolate" I bought the pillow because, let's face it, I am not a rock star and the fabric costs more than college tuition. The pillow was another splurge that could not be helped. One close girlfriend asked if I was on crack - this after she confessed to spending over $700 on clothes in one computer sitting. I HAD to have it. Sue me. The whole Kathryn Ireland Mexico meets Moracco design style sings to me in my sleep. So that said, the rest of my bedroom REALIO TRULIO has to be on a budget. The good news is that I have most of the furniture that I need and nothing in that department that cannot wait for a real find or steal from some fabulous place I stumble upon. Fabric for the roman shades and curtains I am having made will have to be a bargain, like these lovely navy shams below I found on sale at Meesha in Southport, manufactured by Pine Cone Hill. She also carries a line called Karma Living that I think suits my bohemian style and will no doubt feature prominently when it is time to really step up the design of my nine year old daughter's room. So this is where I am now with the whole thing in the bedroom. One of these days I'll settle on a fabric for my window treatments but the fabric hunt is full on. I ordered samples from Premiere Prints this week and they should arrive soon. Stay Tuned!
Close up of pillow and shams


I think the bed needs a nice throw and sometimes I think the painting needs a frame and
  one of us might need a cool retro lamp

2 comments:

  1. Blakley, the pillow looks amazing in your bedroom! I am jealous. I chickened out and never ordered the fabric!! Welcome to the blogging world!! I look forward to seeing what you post next! Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the painting over the bed!

    ReplyDelete